About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Rigger-Truck to work in Mombasa.
The main purpose of the rigger is to move heavy equipment or machinery to the required location without causing any form of damage to the product being transported, property, or individuals. The role also entails fastening up large loads and monitoring, overseeing, and directing the operators of the transport equipment; reporting any arising issues and ensuring that completed work orders are well documented.
It also involves overseeing, and monitoring, tasks to ensure that they are efficiently completed by the proper workers and teams.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Aligning, levelling, and anchoring machinery
- Attaching loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving with the use of hand and power tools
- Ensuring that rigging equipment is dismantled and properly stored after use
- Carrying out tests on rigging equipment occasionally to ensure safety and reliability
- Communicating with workers that are engaged in the process of hoisting and moving loads, to ensure the safety of workers and materials
- Ensuring that all work scope is completed safely
- Strictly adhering to safety regulations and precautions
- Overseeing the process of tearing down, cleaning, and storing of any rigging equipment or machinery used in moving.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- At least O-Level education, including specialized training in rigging systems and practices, NEBOSH certificate preferred.
- Valid driving license(Glass G) as approved by NTSA
- Rigger must have the physical capacity to lift heavy loads with ease since the job involves manual labor
- Should have the knowledge to assess the rigging requirements to secure loads bearing in mind the weights, lashing points and center of gravity
- Well-developed communication, must be able communicate clearly and effectively to ensure that everything runs smoothly
- Responsible for maintaining all the rigging and lashing equipments
- Teamwork skills to be able to work on a team.
- Spatial awareness, which enables the rigger to appropriately move bulky and awkward materials through tight spaces
- The rigger must pay special and particular attention to safety.
- Basic PPE, HSE, firefighting and first aid training
- High level of integrity required
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.