About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Projects- Port Supervisor.
The Projects- Port Supervisor assists in planning the sequence of loading and unloading cargo from ships, and placement of cargo in the yard. He/She is also responsible for the deployment of manpower for each shift. Supervises lashing operations, ensures that cargo is secured on vessels, berths and unearths vessels, carries out wharf operations such as coning and deconing and assists in water bunkering operations. He/She supervises large-scale operations, and assists in resource planning. He/She oversees the deployment of manpower for each shift and uses IT systems and planning tools to ensure quality planning.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Allocate resources to carry out vessel loading and unloading plan.
- Conduct audits on compliance with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements.
- Deploy staff to match operational demands.
- Facilitate communication between the executive and working staff.
- Monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading.
- Oversee cargo handling operations.
- Perform daily planning on resource allocation (berths, yard and stowage planning).
- Propose workflow improvements to improve efficiency.
- Recommend initiatives to enhance vessel operations and productivity.
- Supervise lashing operations.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- At Least Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education KCSE Grade or its equivalent.
- Physically fit.
- Good Communication skills.
- Port Related Experience
- Fork Lift License
- Crane Operator experience
- First Aid Course
- Diploma in mechanical engineering and or related courses is an added advantage
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.