About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced operations manager.
Responsible for coordinating the movement of goods in the company, making sure that the right number of goods ordered is moved to the right locations and to the right persons at the scheduled time. He/She will be planning, programming and coordinating all activities in Operations department in order to optimize storage and transportation of petroleum products in the most efficient way, safe and economical manner and with utmost care to the environment.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Create a safe working environment for employees by putting in place safety measures to prevent accident and complications that may arise during work. Also provide safety gear to employees for protection in the event of accidents
- Supervise activities of workers to ensure that they are hands-on in order to promote hard-work, which is needed for successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients’ demands and deadlines
- Inspect goods to be delivered to ensure that they are in the right quantity and quality. Supervise the loading of such goods into vehicles for delivery
- Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transaction
- Help in recruiting competent and hardworking workers to carryout daily operations at the organization and put them through in discharging their duties
- Ensure that workers adhere to industry standards in dealing with clients, to promote rule of law and avoid practices such as smuggling and overloading to avoid accidents which could lead to loss of lives and properties
- Assign different responsibilities to workers to fasten the job and promote specialization and accountability. This way, non hardworking workers can easily be identified
- Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the amount charged to clients, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management of a large organization, working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations, logistics, business administration, transportation, or engineering
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory software
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching, mentoring and counseling.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.