About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Heavy Lift Lashing Crew to work in Mombasa.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Performs tasks in accordance with and enforces terminal safety policies, standards and regulations.
- Coordinates and supervises assigned lashing and unlashing processes of containers / cargo.
- Generates reports on equipment, shift performance and targets areas for improvement within their respective shifts and overall.
- Coordinates with vessel staff to ensure lashing is compliant and gets sign off and time stamps.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- At least O-level, including specialized training in rigging/lashing operation systems and practices NEBOSH rigging certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- High Risk Work License
- Intermediate rigging and lashing NEBOSH certification
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of lashing operations based on weight loads, Centre of gravity and particular lashing requirements to each scenario including; dangerous goods handling, lashing, dunnage, slinging and rigging, and heavy lifting equipment capabilities
- Should have basic PPE,HSE, first aid and firefighting training
- Oil and gas experience will be an added advantage
- Should be a problem solver and take own responsibility
- Verbal and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Should be able to do due diligence on all lashing equipments before using to secure loads.
- Should be able to take instructions and implement the same.
- Should be able to fill in the requisite lashing report after every truck lashing operation.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision at all times
- Basic PPE, HSE, firefighting and first aid training
- High level of integrity required
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.