JOB TITLE: TRANSPORT MANAGER-HEAVY COMMERCIAL
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Transport Manager – heavy commercial to work in Nairobi or Mombasa, Kenya.
We are looking for an organized transport manager to manage the transport activities by tracking company fleet and supervising drivers. The transport manager – heavy commercial will also ensure that goods are delivered on time and undamaged.
To be successful as a transportation manager must be able to multitask. The transportation manager should be in constant communication and should be highly organized.
Key roles and responsibilities
- In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company’s standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or internal complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
- Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules and government regulations.
- Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
- Maintains accurate administrative records
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Logistics, Business Management, Automotive Engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as a transportation manager in heavy commercial vehicle’s in an oil and gas industry
- Computer literacy skills.
- Good Understanding cross border laws
- Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics.
- Experience working with transportation-related government regulations.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Experience working with transport management systems
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- A good driver with a valid driving license
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.