JOB TITLE: TRUCK DRIVER
- As a Truck Driver, you will be responsible for the safe transportation of goods around the country
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating commercial vehicles up to and over 7.5 tonnes, including rigid trucks, articulated lorries, tankers, transporters and trailer wagons
- Driving long or short distances
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods
- Lifting and carrying goods
- Making sure loads are safely secured
- Following traffic reports and adapting routes if necessary
- Completing delivery paperwork
- Keeping up-to-date logbooks
- Carrying out basic routine maintenance, such as oil, tyre and brake checks
- Working from a vehicle and driving long distances in a cramped space
- Spending nights away from home during long haul deliveries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing Industry
- Minimum O-Level Certificate
- Must Have Defensive Driving License
- Ability to focus for long periods of time
- Patient driving at any time of day or night
- Able to complete paperwork when completing deliveries
- Good communication skills when delivering goods
- Excellent understanding of road safety & knowledge of Heavy Goods Vehicles including loading and unloading safely
- Should be able to work independently to solve problems on the go
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.