JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
- As an electrical Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of electrical equipment. This could involve fixing problems that are reported, or installing new systems such as lighting and heating within new structures.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspecting electrical systems, wiring and equipment to ensure they are safe and functioning properly
- Fixing electrical faults or replacing parts
- Connecting sockets, switches, light fittings and appliances
- Laying cables to connect equipment to power and computer networks
- Installing security or data network systems
- Working with street lights and traffic management systems
- Fitting fibre-optic cables
- Maintaining electrical motors, transformers and machinery
- Making and installing electrical control panels
- Programming computer-controlled ‘intelligent’ buildings
- Following technical plans
- Adhering to strict safety regulations
- Learning about new electrical legislation
- Responding to emergency call-outs such as power cuts
- Working on a construction site, in domestic or commercial settings, offshore, locally or abroad, often in cramped conditions or at height.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing Industry
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology
- Maths knowledge
- Design skills and knowledge
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer.
Any solicitation will lead to disqualification
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.