JOB TITLE: SHEQ ASSISTANT/OFFICER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced SHEQ Assistant/Officer to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to SHEQ Manager, the SHEQ Assistant/Officer’s responsibility involves diligent analysis of in-process, finished products, production inputs and traded products against established quality plans to continually meet quality, meet safety requirements and satisfy our customers all the time, every time, without compromise.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Follow laid down SHEQ systems including procedures and work instructions to achieve raw materials, packaging, product safety and process conformity without fail.
- Carry out laboratory tests, experiments, and product/packaging improvement needed.
- Carry out QC testing including associated in processing timely, without delaying production processes.
- Proactively ensure continual capture and review of important Safety, Health and environmental issues/parameters of COD, BOD, wastewater, Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste, heavy metals, etc.
- Uphold the client’s structured company, Global, regional and local SHE aspects in view of cultivating a healthy and safe working culture in the Organisation.
- Prepare customer samples as requested/required.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of QC process control sheets, Certificates of analysis and both Material safety data sheets and technical data sheets.
- Ensure Adherence to ISO standard practices on production processes.
- Conform to the Quality Management System Policy, Environmental Management System policy and OSH Policies.
- Conform to Internal Policies and Controls.
- Abide by and take responsibility for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position. (Adherence to ISO requirements)
- Develop necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational cost.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Diploma preferably in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with a bias to analytical or Industrial Chemistry.
- 2-5 years progressive experience as a Laboratory Technician, Quality controller or an Equivalent position.
- Knowledge in Chemical analysis, chemical solution preparation and chemical raw material analysis is an added advantage. Skills:
- Proven analytical skills, needed as a core prerequisite.
- A team player, resolute and firm on SHEQ related actions
- Should have high housekeeping capability and must be safety conscious and cost minded.
- Should be able to liaise on manufacturing on product related matters.
- Ability to carry out batch adjustments with set variance limits.
- Should be able to independently of production make accurate and on time decisions in consultation, regarding noted non- conformances.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.