JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION MANAGER-CONFECTIONARY
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the confectionary industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Production Manager-Confectionary to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Transformation Manager, the Production Manager-Confectionary oversees the confectionery production process and coordinates daily activities on the production floor (production, packaging and finished goods) to ensure enough resources on hand as well as maximum efficiency. He/she will plan production employees’ shift schedules, forecast production needs and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines and overall compliance. The production manager is responsible for all shift managers and their subordinates on the production floor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper and adequate insurance coverage
- Develop and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) to ensure consistent quality of confectionery production, packaging and storage, as well as minimizing damaged products
- Forecast daily production orders and timely production of goods
- Plan and organize a work plan for all production floor employees, fill/oversee the attendance register, minimizing any overtimes
- Manage and evaluate all shift supervisors, setting SMART KPI’s for the team
- Ensure the product yield is met
- Oversee daily production processes, food safety procedures, health and safety regulations and resolve any issues relating to product quality
- Organize and oversee training sessions in areas of SOP’s, food safety, job functions, manufacturing practices, etc. whilst documenting the same
- Maintain accurate records of production employee leaves, warning letters, deduction vouchers and other relevant documents, and hand this information to the HR department
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Maintain retention samples when any changes are introduced in the raw materials or process that can affect the quality and shelf life of the product, and report accurately all feedback
- Assist in minimizing downtime by working with the Head of Technical and the maintenance staff
- Ensure sanitation schedule is followed and records are maintained
- Research and Development for changes to existing products to improve quality, with structured reporting and feedback
- Oversee the recruitment process, interviews, training and induction of new staff in the department as well as any appraisals and disciplinary processes related to the department
- Investigate any variances in raw material stock and yield and document any resolutions/actions
- Liaise with the procurement manager to improve on recipes to ensure better margins and/or better quality
- Implement and oversee the ISO 22000 Food safety Management system; Attain and maintain the ISO 22000, HACCP, FSSC, and Halal certifications
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations
- Maintain records of various process documents e.g., receipt of raw materials, inventory and usage of raw materials, production, final product weight and dispatch records, etc.
- Obtain feedback from customers and marketing and sales staff regarding product quality
- Maintain clear records of customer complaints and resolution
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and relevant trainings
- Any other duties deemed relevant by the management
Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance with HACCP and GMP’S
- Production planning and forecasting
- Compliance with the production schedule – meeting of target production level when there is no major breakdown
- Damage products
- Customer returns due to quality issues
- Planned vs actual production time variance
- Yield accuracy
- Response time to customer complaints regarding quality concerns
- Employee grievance management and overall employee engagement in the department (employee satisfaction)
- Product weight accuracy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Production/Science, Baking Science and Technology or Food Process Engineering
- At least 4 years similar experience in the bakery industry
- Preferred HACCP certified
- Registration with the statutory registration body will be an added advantage
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Understanding of principles of ISO, OSHA, 5S, JIT, SIGMA or GEMBA KAIZEN and their application
- Deep knowledge of confectionery and bread production process
- Solid understanding of business and financial principles
- Understanding of quality and food standards, health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and use of ERP (SAP preferably) software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent planning, organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.