JOB TITLE: HEAD OF PROJECTS
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
We are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Head of projects to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Role Description
The role is responsible for supporting the attainment of the company’s strategy by developing, coordinating, and implementing business projects, and supervising the PMO team and project managers to deliver projects as required by Management, Board, and clients through service level agreements.
Functions/Key expected results
- Support the Project Administrators to scope projects agreed upon at the senior management level and or Board.
- Agree on project objectives drawing up a detailed plan and schedule for how to achieve each stage of the project
- Agree on the timing/ scheduling of the project to ensure resource availability and participate in selecting and leading a project team/supervising project administrator.
- Incorporate client service level agreements (SLAs) in project scoping and implementation.
- Participate in recruitment, project negotiation, and overall project supervision including monitoring of their deliverables across projects.
- Ensure that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget, and to the right quality standards expected of the company and its clients.
- Provide regular project progress updates from time to time.
- Manage risk to avoid delays to the project.
- Budgeting and budgetary control in project implementation
- Support the development of detailed project proposals and project execution plans and forecasts for in-house projects and assist to manage them effectively.
- Quality assurance of all proposals and scopes of work, ensuring that projects are correctly shaped and accurately budgeted for prior to approval.
- Support the growth and career development of project managers by serving as an informal mentors and providing them with regular career and professional development
- Supporting Research & Development initiatives
- Ensure standard EHS awareness in all project implementation process
Academic, Knowledge and skills
- A University degree
- Qualification in Project Management in PRINCE2, PMP, or similar project management methodologies
- At least 5 years of work experience preferably in a similar industry, of which 2 years should be in project management
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of budget control
- Ability to work well with others and lead and motivate teams
- Commercial awareness
- Technical skills relevant to the project
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Industry knowledge of consultancy is preferred.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.