JOB TITLE: IT SUPPORT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
We are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced IT Support to work in Nairobi.
The IT Support shall implement and continuously improve adequate technical and organizational measures following commonly accepted standards to manage the security of information and IT services and defend against cyber incidents (e.g., ISO 27001). Those measures shall satisfy the applicable requirements (depending on the services/products provided).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define, document and implement adequate access control concepts based on business and security requirements, to prevent unauthorized access to our client.
- Ensure that cryptography is used effectively to protect information.
- Prevent unauthorized physical access, damage and interference (e.g. environmental threats) to information and information processing facilities required for the services.
- Ensure correct and secure operations of information processing facilities and that operations are documented in operating procedures, including change controls, restricting access to operational software, backups & recovery, IT service continuity, capacity management and separation of operational from other IT environments.
- Protect information and information processing facilities against malware with industry standard measures.
- Log security events, protect them against tampering and analyze them to timely detect security incidents.
- Manage technical vulnerabilities, including vulnerable identification (e.g., regular scans, penetration tests), risk assessment, remediation (including patching, hardening, restrictions of software installations etc.)
- Manage IT networks to protect information in systems and applications (e.g., by firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, network segmentation)
- Consider information security requirements right from the beginning when acquiring, developing or enhancing information systems/ software (security by design).
- Develop information systems, ensure adequate information security measures within the development lifecycle of information systems/ software (e.g., change control procedures, secure coding, testing of security functionality, penetration testing).
- Establish management responsibilities and procedures to ensure a quick, effective and orderly response to information security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of the contracted services during adverse situations, e.g., a crisis or disaster, by adequate organizational and technical measures.
- Ensure that breaches of legal, statutory, regulatory, or contractual obligations related to information security and of any security requirements are avoided.
- Regularly review technical and organizational measures to ensure that information security is implemented and operated as expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other Technical certification in related field.
- Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment.
- Data processing training
- Computer operations training
- Experience in a multi-operation system
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.