JOB TITLE: HR AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced HR and Administration Manager to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
The role is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives by aligning HR strategy and individual goals with those of the company through, sourcing, training, performance management, Health &Safety, retention, and implementation of HR best practice initiatives across the organization.
Functions/Key expected results
- Guide/provide technical input into the development and implementation of the HR Strategy, giving careful consideration to the overall business plan, best practices, and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop HR policies and procedures with stakeholder input, secure HOB/Board approval, and ensure effective implementation and compliance across the company
- Develop recommendations on reward, retention, talent management, and succession planning strategies, recommend to the Head of Business and Board, secure approval, and ensure their effective roll-out.
- Promote a performance culture within the company by implementing a business results-focused performance management system and ensure uniformity in implementation across the company
- Equip the company with a high-performing team of employees, by Conducting Training Needs Assessments for all Employees and designing and implementing training programs to fill the gaps identified in liaison with Line Managers
- Implement competitive yet cost-efficient reward systems that drive results and enable the company to attract and retain competent and high-performing employees.
- Coordination in and over-seeing of HR and Administration matters within a budget like travel, mileage, pool cars, maintenance of employee personal records, procurement, preparation of generic HR letters, leave administration, etc.
- Payroll management-ensure timely and accurate processing for both internal & external client service level agreements.
- Ensuring due accountability for all workplace health & safety for in-house and outsourced services
- Educate and inform Management and Line Management on employment legislation issues and ensure compliance by all parties.
- Maintain effective internal communication to all employees on HR-related issues and with external statutory and non-statutory HR-related institutions in order to facilitate information flow and compliance with statutory requirements
- Responsible for monitoring and approving all Recruitment requisitions both internal & outsourced.
- Manage industrial relations in a manner that ensures harmonious employee relations and compliance with labor legislation.
- Monthly reporting to the head of Business and other stakeholders
- Manage, and develop own team so as to ensure consistent achievement of departmental goals and targets.
Academic, Knowledge and skills
- Degree level education preferably in Social Sciences (BA Sociology, BBA, BA Social Policy, BA SWSA). A Master’s in HR or an MBA with a bias in HR would be of added advantage.
- At Least 5 years of generalist Human Resources Experience.
- HR professional membership is mandatory
- Consultancy industry and business awareness
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead a successful team
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good organization skills.
- Expert knowledge of the Uganda labor laws and familiarity with the International Labour laws
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Industry knowledge of finance and consultancy is preferred.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.