JOB TITLE: FOOD & BEVERAGE STOCK CONTROLLER
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Uganda based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Food & Beverage Stock Controller in the hospitality industry to work in Uganda.
The F&B controller will be responsible for tracking food and beverages of the Hotel, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. The Stock Controller will also be responsible for ensuring that the company’s stock levels meet the day-to-day business needs by overseeing purchases and pricing reports, replenishing levels where necessary, and monitoring shipments or internal transfers between departments within the hotel
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Food inventory Management:
- Perform costings for the restaurant and bar to ensure profitability.
- Control and manage food costs.
- Check and verify all package meals.
- Check the restaurant and bar sales on daily basis.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating with relevant parties.
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals.
- To effectively control and advise on the Food & Beverage Costs.
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage and efficiency.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Update and maintain receipts into the systems
- Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts.
- Responsible for linking the articles and Recipes in Material Control.
- Participate in stock taking at the restaurants and bar.
- Continuously study weaknesses in Food & Beverages control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Carrying out food section audits
- Undertake demand and supply forecasts and update management on a regular basis.
- Prepare daily staff meal cost report.
- Responsible for preparing daily Food and Beverage Report and distribute to management.
- Responsible for monthly Food & Beverage Report and distribute to management.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report submitted by the income audit for the accuracy of covers and average check.
- Ensure effective book keeping
Compliance and work environment:
- Adherence to internal S.O.Ps
- Developing processes and procedures to be followed while requesting food & Beverages materials
- Adhere to general rules and regulations for the hotel
- Reporting any challenges to the responsible section heads
- Keep and maintain good working relationship with colleagues and other departments
- Spot-check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality.
- Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
- Monitor the regular calibration of all measuring apparatus using a standardized tool for consistency.
- At least 7 years’ experience as F & B Controller with an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree, Accounting or Finance Option or its equivalent
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines
- Should have strong analytical and be result-oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- High levels of keen eye for detail
- Proficiency in Ms Office, especially Advanced Excel
- Outstanding ability to interact and communicate with all stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to diagnose and resolve problems swiftly
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.