JOB TITLE: TAX SUPERVISOR
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Tax Supervisor to work in Nairobi.
The Tax Supervisor is responsible for supporting all tax operations including tax planning and strategy transfer pricing and other tax policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tax Strategy and Projects
- Collect research on tax-saving strategies
- Participate in due diligence and structuring related to new openings, mergers and acquisition and divestures
- Support the process related to state and federal returns for companies within our client’s Retail
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise on tax related issues to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Collect research on the application and interpretation of the country’s tax code and their implementation
- Stay updated on International Tax Laws and providing expert knowledge to concerned stakeholders
- Facilitate resolution of tax audit exercises within the operating jurisdiction
- Provide support in order to minimize tax risks associated with business operations and dealings
Record keeping and Reporting
- Support the reporting process of company’s annual earnings, expenditures and investments
- Reconcile tax data on financial statements when required
- Support the process of tracking income and assets taxes
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work
- Apply and follow our client’s Retail Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions
- Provide training and feedback to direct reportees when required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce / Economics / Finance
- 2 years in a Tax department
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to train on system usage
- Time management and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.