JOB TITLE: RECEIVING MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Receiving Manager to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the receiving function and ensuring smooth operations of goods arriving into the store’s warehouse. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring that the receiving activities are carried out as per the required standards and adhere to health, safety, quality and hygiene standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Liaise with freight forwarders, Port and Customs Authorities to promptly clear imported merchandise
- Ensure accurate documentation and verification of quantity, quality, type and weight of received goods and ensure the delivery notes are accurate in accordance with the physical stock received
- Ensure that staff accessing receiving area follow the store receiving policies
- Oversee the control of the returned goods and waste
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure that related equipment is in good condition and are properly maintained
- Ensure the receiving area is correctly maintained and organized
- Ensure control of the warehouse entrance, including validation of suppliers entering the warehouse
- Ensure the upkeep of a recording process for all goods received in a timely manner for reporting and tracking
- Ensure that all transactions are captured daily in the relevant system
Receiving Procedures, Controls and Measures
- Implement and improve control mechanisms to reduce the possibility of fraud attempts
- Ensure control measures and company procedures are strictly adhered to during receiving operations
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and regulations
- Report suspicious behaviour in order to avoid possible fraud activities and initiate immediate investigation
- Control the merchandise flow in receiving area according to the Business Cycle procedures
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any relevant discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience in the area of warehousing and logistics
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills
- Good time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.