JOB TITLE: MERCHANDISE MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Merchandise Manager to work in Nairobi.
The Merchandise is responsible for the availability of goods in the store as per merchandise strategy and store business plan. Selecting local vendors and suppliers and supporting contract negotiations. Ensuring the inventory level is kept at the most cost efficient level by implementing and monitoring the purchase strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent our client in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers in line with strategy and internal guidelines
- Direct and coordinate activities of team members engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures and monitor adherence
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability, raise possible opportunities and threats and recommend areas of improvement
- Be a role model and ensure the application of our client Retail corporate policies and guarantee the implementation of all laws , regulations and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected
- Practices the company values and guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- setting particular objectives for the direct reports – once a year – which are in-line with the company and department targets
- carrying out performance analysis with regular feedback to direct reports and ensuring that this is further deployed within the team
- Identify employees with high potential, growth and proposes further development
- Identify and recommend training needs for the team and follow up on the implementation (TNA)
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Promotes and practise communication and participatory management within the team
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales and propose them for contract negotiations
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers by ensuring full customer satisfaction
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Build sustainable relationship with suppliers and vendors in order to ensure best quality deliveries under competitive agreement terms
- Proposes the yearly department budget and ensures the respect of the approved budget
- Set appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary
- Propose and take necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational costs
- Respect the procedures in accordance with the DOA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- At least 2 years in the Retail business environment
- Merchandise management experience for at least 2 years
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.