JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER- DEVELOPMENT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Financial Controller-Development to work in Nairobi.
The Financial Controller – Development is responsible for establishing a reliable financial control system within our client’s Retail business. The role holder is also responsible for examining proposed projects and providing support by highlighting risks and recommending solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Budget and Forecasting
- Assist with monitoring allocated budgets to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues
- Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary and provide inputs on cost reduction measures
- Partner with relevant function heads, by providing them with analysis and advice in the planning process with regards to budgeting, strategic plans and periodic forecasts for their respective departments
- Ensure that financial aspects of relevant contracts are adhered to and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner
- Ensure reconciliation of accounts is conducted periodically and reviewed as required
- Track revenue recognition and ensure revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise
- Review and provide inputs on the monthly depreciation schedule and reconciliation statements
- Review the creation/deletion/revision of new vendor accounts after necessary approvals
- Provide inputs for the development of relevant processes for reporting, benchmarks and policies for the organization and provide recommendations when required
- Review all financial transactions, processes, records, and books of accounts ensuring they are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ensure accurate and proper inter-company, bank, suppliers, advances/prepayment reconciliations are conducted and that the necessary actions are taken accordingly to maintain accuracy and safeguard the company’s assets
- Support the process of reviewing Capex assumptions for the appraisal of new projects and budgets, by assisting with the development of feasibility studies and providing necessary analysis
- Support the control process by staying informed on the progress of relevant Capex investments approved projects / budgets and carry out a detailed analysis, giving feedback to concerned stakeholders about possible budget risks
- Support the value creation process by analyzing existing fixed assets details for productivity and identifying patterns applicable in new projects to maximize value creation to be recommended to concerned stakeholders
- Support the identification process of improvement areas for different stages of an investment process to identify potential for cash flow savings / synergies and create optimized investment process and assist with the implementation phase
- Support the relevant functions by providing necessary analysis and detail of the organization Capex investment and expense process
- Develop relevant reports following the set standards and procedures
- Provide inputs to business units that includes related analysis against agreed KPIs
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of our client’s Retail corporate policies and relevant procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
- MBA in the same field advantage
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- 5+ years in a similar position
- 2+ years in retail business is preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Project management
- Strong communicator and presentation skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.