JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Financial Controller to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Country Manager/District Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for establishing a reliable financial reporting system in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures which monitors the achievements of the store objectives and provides stakeholders with relevant financial data for the decision making process. The role holder is also responsible for recommending areas of improvement in order to achieve store targets.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Budget and Cost Control
- Assist in monitoring allocated budget for the store to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues
- Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary
- Provide inputs on cost reduction measures for the store
Risk Management and Insurance Coverage
- Ensure proper and adequate insurance coverage
- Ensure that financial aspects of the contracts are adhered to and are renewed in a timely manner
Internal Control and Audit
- Ensure alignment of procedures with developed by the Finance function
- Guarantee that the fixed asset register is properly maintained
- Ensure that payroll is processed accurately and timely
- Control suppliers’ payment terms and consequences
- Monitor stock-check, sleeping stock, receiving controls and analyse shrinkage result
- Perform audits on CCO to minimize cash flow risks, prepare corrective actions and proposals for improvement
- Ensure the strict implementation of Internal Audit recommendations
- Review, develop and implement the finance strategy that supports the company’s corporate and business strategies
- Oversee the preparation of store performance analysis by Department/Section
- Prepare business presentations and reports for stakeholders periodically and ad hoc basis when required
- Provide summary of asset information to the management regularly
- Responsible for business analysis and modelling including:
- Monthly financial closing (budgetary control, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Monthly forecast
- Annual budget
- Store turnover
- Cash flow
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of our client’s Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar role, of which 2+ years in retail business
- Strong analytical and technical skills in financial analysis and reporting
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly modeling in Excel
- Presentation skills
- Accounting concepts and knowledge of IFRS
- Investment appraisal process and capital budgeting
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.