JOB TITLE: COUNTRY ACCOUNTING MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Country Accounting Manager to work in Nairobi.
The Country Accounting Manager is responsible for consolidating all data received from other departments and checking this data for consistency and compliance with existing legislation. The role holder is also responsible for providing the country management with the qualitative financial reports and analysis with accurate information about the status of our client’s Retail’s performance in the country.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the creation high quality management reports and financial planning process through constantly updated and properly managed reporting software and tools
- Review the submitted reports and consolidation and ensure that the presented data are reflecting the company performance and financial standing accurately in the country
- Report any action that might interfere with the proper functioning of the company
- Highlight and identify impairment issues in timely manner
- Report any information that might affect the results of the company
- Ensure consolidation of accounting results of the country business units on monthly basis
- Prepare/ forecast and yearly budget for the country
- Proposes to Department Head the yearly budget for relevant area and ensures the respect of the approved budget
- Coordinate the monthly management closing, forecast, budget and the strategic planning processes
- Sets appropriate control mechanism to ensure department budget compliance and takes corrective measures when necessary
- Ensures budget compliance and proposes corrective measures when necessary
- Lead comprehensive General Ledger, Cash Management/Treasury, Fixed Assets, and Project accounting functions
- Liaise with the INT Finance HO team on all and any insurance related matters i.e. claims, declaration follow ups etc.
- Ensure consistency of fix assets procedures and valuation rules (depreciation periods..) in all country business units, reporting purpose
- Ensure that a physical inventory of fixed assets takes place in all business unites in the country at least every two years
- Stimulate and support ideas to improve accounting / consolidation processes and tax optimization
- Review and investigate reductions in payments terms with suppliers
- Review balance sheets of the country business units and investigate unusual items
Policies and Procedures
- Communicate the requirement of operational procedures and instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Ensure that all financial accounting and reporting in the company are as per the International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Recommend improvements to functions policy and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of the Finance function, so that all relevant functions are fulfilled while delivering quality, cost effective service to customers
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of our client’s Retail corporate policies and relevant procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Finance or Commerce
- 6+ years in a similar position
- 3+ years in retail business
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.