JOB TITLE: SHOP BUSINESS DEVELOPER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Shop Business Developer to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Convenience Store Manager, the shop Business Developer is responsible for shop management to ensure that the shop is run optimally and ensure that through proper stock management, supplier and sales, the shop is profitable.
They make sure the products arrive on time, and work closely with the purchasing department (and buyers) in order to forecast, plan, and monitor stock levels.
The Business Developer oversees the shop manager to ensure that shop standards are adhered to the merchandising and display is as per the set standards so as to maximize sales all the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Profit Maximization
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximize sales and profit and reduce stockholding whilst increasing stock turn.
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Deliver cost effective supply solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
- Review, propose and implement mark-down activity to reduce terminal stock
- Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to management and Buyer
2) Range Building and Planning
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department’s phased plans
- Manage product trialing activity with the Buyer
- Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor shop visits in the area.
- Gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources and store visits
- Agree and deliver promotional and marketing plans, optimizing sales and profit
3) Inventory/Commitment Management
- Manage the intake of stock in line with agreed stock levels
- Plan availability schedule for new and continuity product
- Development of new stock/product packages
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock:
- by ensuring planned launch and replenishment dates are met and sales and stock are potentialized through production planning
- managing the allocation of stock from suppliers
- managing in-store stock levels to optimize distribution
- Manage stock flow through Distribution Centre, resolving any issues that arise
- Managing the FIFO aspect in the shop/store to avoid expiries
4) Supplier Management
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Analyze Suppliers’ delivery performance and, in conjunction with the Buyer, take appropriate actions
- Measure products’ performance against agreed quality standards and take necessary action with suppliers
5) Team Management
- Ensure effective communication at all levels, to include communicating the Company/shop/Departmental strategy in addition to operational priorities
- Encourage an environment of open communication within the team and the building of effective cross functional relationships.
6) Health, Safety, Council compliance
- Monitor and maintain compliance at all time with health and safety requirements as well as County licenses and permits
7) Competitor Evaluation
- Monthly competitor evaluation to check pricing, range, offering in comparison with other outlets
8) Training & On-Boarding
- Responsible for on-boarding of new shop manager
- Training of new shop retailer
- Assessment of Shop staff performance in liaison with Convenience Store Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related field
- 3-5 years in marketing with a bias to merchandising
- Retail experience preferred
- well organized, strict and assertive and a problem solver
- Sales Analysis and forecasting
- Must be creative
- Good communication skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.