JOB TITLE: SHOP ATTENDANT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Shop Attendant to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the shop manager, the shop attendant is a person who should have a friendly and engaging personality, is Comfortable working with members of the public. He/she Should have a confident manner.Among others,Must be helpful and polite,physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.He/she should have comprehensive understanding of the area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, etc. To add, he/she should be able to work as part of a sales team, he/she should have Knowledge of inventory techniques. Lastly, he/she should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Greet customers who enter the shop with a smile
- Assist customers in locating the products and merchandize they need.
- Assist customers in packing and cart wheeling of their merchandize up to the exit point or to the car park.
- Assist customers in obtaining and paying off their bills at the counter.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximize sales and profit and reduce stockholding whilst increasing stock turn.
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Deliver cost effective supply solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
Range Building and Planning
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department’s phased plans
- Manage product trialing activity with the Buyer
- Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor shop visits in the area.
- Gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources and store visits
- Agree and deliver promotional and marketing plans, optimizing sales and profit
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Exploit use of ratio packs, identifying methods of replenishment which are more cost effective
- Development of new stock/product packages
- Ensure effective communication at all levels, to include communicating the Company/shop/Departmental strategy in addition to operational priorities
- Encourage an environment of open communication within the team and the building of effective cross functional relationships.
Health & Safety
- Monitor and maintain compliance at all time with health and safety requirements
- Provide assistance to shop managers and organizers.
- Perform shop assistance duties in maintaining and running a shop.
- Handle shop keys and deposit in a safekeeping locker.
- Perform opening and closing of shop on time.
- Managing transactions with customers using cash registers/POS
- Scanning goods and ensuring pricing is accurate
- Collecting payments whether in cash or credit when need be.
- Any other duty given by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- AT least certificate in business related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Retail experience needed
- Detail-oriented and highly safety-conscious
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.