JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE TEAM LEAD
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Software Quality Assurance Team Lead to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
Ensure high-quality software delivery by planning, implementing, and automating quality assurance testing. Responsibilities include developing test plans, creating test cases, writing test automation code, and reporting results.
- Lead a distributed team of Software Testers
- Plan and lead the testing (e.g., regression, functional, data validation, system integration, load, or performance tests) for new and existing functionality.
- Work with DevOps to establish and maintain test environments and test data.
- Work closely with development teams to design testing strategies and integrate testing into the development process.
- Plan, create, execute, and automate test cases, working with business partners, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Document and analyze test results and recommend corrective action.
- Isolate, reproduce, manage, and maintain defects and test case databases, and verify fixes.
- Support user acceptance testing conducted by business partners or end users.
- Identify opportunities to reduce testing time and effort by automating repeatable tests.
- Establish, enhance and maintain the test automation framework.
- Understand and apply automated testing approaches such as model-based testing or record-and-replay.
- Research, recommend, and implement new testing technologies and practices, such as automated code and vulnerability scanning.
- Define and champion quality and testing best practices among development teams.
- Review developers’ test plans to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Promote quality software principles and culture across the software engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach junior-level Testers
The Quality Assurance Team Lead will lead a distributed team of colleagues and consultants in Kenya, Tanzania, China, UK, USA and elsewhere.
CircleTech delivers a 24hour service to customers. The QA Team Lead may be required to work overnight and weekends to investigate urgent technical incidents.
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in Software Quality Assurance
- AWS qualifications an advantage.
- Experience leading a small team of testers
- Experience designing and implementing test plans.
- Experience with test management tools (e.g., Zephyr).
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer, Playwright).
- Experience with load test tools (e.g. JMeter)
- Experience with application performance monitoring and observability tools.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects.
- Strong knowledge of agile practices and experience with agile planning tools (e.g., Jira).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work on a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Female candidates are specially encouraged to apply
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.