JOB TITLE: SmartMeter PRODUCT OWNER EAST AFRICA
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced SmartMeter Product Owner East Africa.
Reporting to Chief Technology Officer, the SmartMeter Product Owner East Africa’s overall objective is to Monitor the performance, reliability, and customer experience of our meter fleet in East Africa and work with firmware, hardware, and meter preparation teams to continually improve our meters
Our client’s Smart Meters in East Africa including Kenya and Tanzania.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyse data and provide insights into meter performance and reliability.
- Recommend improvements in meter software and hardware design.
- Establish and manage processes to capture customer and staff feedback on meter performance and communicate feedback to hardware and firmware teams.
- Establish and manage processes to capture, prioritize and coordinate continuous meter improvement actions.
- Oversee the introduction of new firmware and hardware versions into the Kenya and Tanzania markets including hardware and firmware testing, capturing customer feedback, and training colleagues on preparation and deployment of new meters.
- Investigate technical issues, potential tampering incidents, and customer experience issues and recommend resolutions.
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate failures using techniques such as fault tree analysis (FTA), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), hazard analysis, and need for design change
- Analyse daily meter fleet performance and report issues.
- Maintain our KPIs dashboards for fleet performance and device reliability
- Design and execute reliability experiments in field conditions in Kenya
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Understanding of techniques to improve reliability including predictive modelling, root cause analysis, mean time to failure (MTTF), corrective and preventive action (CAPA)
- Understanding of IoT technologies and protocols including AWS IoT core
- Experience with product qualification and failure analysis
- Ability to lead ad-hoc cross functional teams
- Enthusiasm to continuously improve skills and learn innovative technologies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data using Excel and ideally Python
- Female candidates are specially encouraged to apply
- Atleast 3 Years experience in a similar role
- Diploma/Bachelor in Electromechanical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or any related course.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.