JOB TITLE: STOCK ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Stocks Accounts Assistant to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
Primarily responsible for ensuring proper management of company’s inventory/ stock items.
Maintains and updates the stock records, responsible for conducting regular physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
Functions/Key expected results
- Perform daily & monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances.
- Maintain a daily updated and accurate stock balances available at different locations (warehouse and customers)
- Responsible for maintaining accurate stock listings.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly.
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock.
- Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items, Finished Goods, raw materials, spare parts and other consumables.
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts. Carry out impromptu stock counts during the month.
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the system records to capture any anomalies.
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms and raise non-conformity reports.
- Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers, receive Purchase orders in SAP.
- Ensure that finished goods dispatched to the customers are matched with Inergy installations or changes with the customers.
- Matching of the financial documents (PO, GRN, delivery note/invoice) for approval for payment to be done.
- To maintain records of receipts and issues of items that are going out of the warehouse to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Daily monitoring of cylinder returns from the customers, recording the total weights, tare weights, comparing with Inergy and preparing the same for refilling and managing the refilling process.
- Anchoring safety in the areas the work.
- Any other duty assigned.
Academic qualifications and competences
- Degree in Finance, Economics or qualified accountant
- Proficiency in using MS Office suites (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.).
- Proficiency in the use of operating systems (such as SAP) for Inventory management, budgeting, cost control.
- Active participation in Inventory Audit.
- Flexibility/adaptability, and teamwork.
- Knowledge in Stock reconciliation.
- Person of high integrity and self-discipline
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Should be reliable and pay close attention to details.
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in LPG business or FMCG Industry.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.