JOB TITLE: PHP SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced PHP Software Developer
Reports to Energy Team Lead
Overall Objective Develop and maintain the software that enable our client to deliver a reliable, cost-effective service to our customers
The business systems that serve our customers and enable our client’s staff in Kenya and in Tanzania to work effectively.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Work with colleagues to understand the needs of our customers and staff and design user friendly, reliable applications to improve the business operations.
- Review design documents, perform code reviews, and contribute to implementation decisions.
- Take a lead in designing excellent User Experience.
- Build and maintain web applications.
- Develop unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Operations and Services) to ship excellent applications.
- Continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- Enhance development processes and tool chain to move towards CI/CD (continuous integration and delivery)
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with PHP and SQL
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Proficient in Agile development process
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to work in a distributed team.
- Experience deploying solutions with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in one or more software languages is an advantage
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.