JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION AND QUALITY MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Production and Quality Manager to work in Nairobi.
Working as a key member of the leadership team to ensure the commissioning, supply, test, repair, and maintenance of smart meters for M-Gas’s business operations across Kenya
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Manage, and if needed acquire and commission, facilities to store, configure, repair, and test smart meters to meet the company’s local meter preparation targets.
• Recruit, train and ensure people and resources are applied to commission, test, and deliver to market smart meters to the highest standards of quality control.
• Track and report KPIs following Circle Gas’ policies and rationalization of resources
• Ensure all records are completed appropriately, and non-conforming equipment is clearly identified and segregated.
• Carry out incident, accident, and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure
• Ensure 100% compliance with calibration and safe operation requirements as per Circle Gas’ guidelines and national standards
• Coordinate with Warehouse and Logistics Depts on the timely delivery and back logistics meters to the various business units.
• Collaborate with the CTO and CIO teams to implement a meter and battery lifecycle management and continuous improvement program
• Review, implement and update company records including training matrices, absenteeism, and risk management
• Support meter engineering teams and China technology teams with data and resources to test and improve the meter designs
• Participate as a key member of the Company leadership team sharing ideas and improving operations and implementing activities that improve the quality of deliver
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or Business Management would be an advantage
- Proven manufacturing experience to lead by example, gain respect from the team, and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people
- At least 5 years of leadership experience working in a manufacturing operation
- Proven success in managing supply and stocks in a fast-moving environment across multiple locations.
- Experience in working with similar electronic products or IoT devices would be an advantage
- Knowledge about health and safety legislation and Quality standard
- Strong knowledge of process management and quality control
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing technics and recognized QC tools
- Outstanding organizational abilities and delivery-focused approach and committed drive for results
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and present data
- Strong sense of urgency/ability to work well under pressure, different priorities, and tight deadlines
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.