JOB TITLE: SENIOR LEGAL ASSOCIATE
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Senior Legal Associate
Head of Legal & Compliance
Working as a key member of the Legal & Compliance team in a rapidly-growing organisation with ambitions to expand further internationally. The role will primarily support colleagues in the business and legal teams with negotiations and business interactions on a wide variety of matters in a fast-paced environment. The role will also support on corporate governance matters and regulatory & compliance obligations across the group’s jurisdictions, and on projects supporting the group’s corporate and business development strategy.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
- Provide timely, risk-balanced and commercially relevant legal advice to the business development teams on transactional and commercial matters, and handling issues and disputes as they arise to swift resolution
- Working closely with legal and business teams to draft, review and negotiate a range of agreements including collaboration/partnership/joint venture agreements, agreements for supply of goods/services, MOUs and NDAs/confidentiality agreements
- Driving good corporate governance across the group, assisting the boards of directors and committees of group companies with robust discussions and implementing their decisions
- Manage internal systems to ensure M-Gas’s compliance with statutory, regulatory & compliance obligations and internal policies, including providing training where necessary (e.g. on the group’s GDPR, anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery and conflict of interest requirements)
- Communicating and collaborating with external and internal decision-makers and stakeholders (including across jurisdictions) to ensure relevant board and committee approvals and signature/completion formalities are obtained on a timely basis.
- Developing and maintaining systems to protect the group’s registered IP portfolio
- Engaging and managing external legal advisors to provide commercially-driven advice on time and to budget
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Law Degree
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya or equivalent in other jurisdiction
- At least seven years’ of post-qualification experience
- Ability to draft clearly and without ambiguity
- Ability to review and analyse regulatory requirements
- Experience of advising and providing administrative support to boards, committees and senior executives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of Microsoft 365 in the workplace
- High level of commercial awareness and advisory experience gained through experience at an international commercial law firm or in-house in an international business
- Able to prioritise a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively uses initiative to anticipate issues and problem solve
- Experience of operating in an environment requiring compliance with highest standards of corporate governance and regulations
- A commitment to continuing professional development to close gaps in knowledge
- Able to explain complex legal issues in a simple and clear manner to senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of IT literacy, including cloud based file sharing, email management and video conferencing
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.