JOB TITLE: LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER-DRIVER TRAINER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Learning & Development Officer-Driver Trainer to work in Kenya.
To support the organization in realizing its strategic intent of well-managed and rapid customer growth through specific training and development of Last Mile team members. The role is critical in ensuring safety and continuous skills improvement for the entire driving team though mostly directed at the motorcycle and Tuk drivers. The driver trainer creates a vital link with the training department on training needs development, assessment, and ongoing training.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- End to end Logistics Technicians/drivers training curriculum development from onboarding induction, ongoing training, refresher, and intervention training based on retraining needs.
- Development and review of the Drivers training manual in conjunction with the training department
- Driver assessment for both new and old to determine the training needs
- Developing a driver training center for continuous driver skill enhancement.
- Assist in accident, and incident investigations and identify root causes, resolutions, and improvement plans.
- Managing all aspects of driver administration-related requirements.
- Keep and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all driver training undertaken
- Working very closely with the assets movement division to improve driving behavior
- Delivering all aspects of training up to and including vehicle-specific training.
- Use of internal learning systems to monitor the driver’s performance on the training platform created for each driver.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Diploma in a relevant area
- Training Qualification Certificate/Diploma
- NITA certification (good to have)
- Paramilitary training will be an added advantage
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB COMPETENCIES
- Legally licensed Rider
- Legally licensed Driver
- Defensive driving training
- Demonstrated ability to instruct or train adult learners.
- Analytical ability and problem-solving
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and excellence orientation.
- Fast learner of detailed business processes.
- Ability to manage problem identification and resolution.
- High level of resilience.
- Self-starter: the ability to work in a team.
- Customer service orientation
- Knowledge of Road Transport Directives
Key Result Areas:
- 100% Induction driver training
- Production of the driver manual
- Driver learning journey plan
- Driver Evaluation tool development
- Driver safety manual
- Minimizing driver retraining
- Road Traffic Accidents trending to zero
- 100% compliance to the set SOPs
- 100% documentation of the training progress for all the individuals
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a driver training role. (Motorcycle specific preferred)
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.