JOB TITLE: HEAD OF HSSE
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Oil and gas industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Head of HSSE to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the CEO he/she will be responsible for Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) matters at the company and across the group, and developing, implementing and maintaining all HSSE programs and policies. The primary goal of this role is to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and to minimize the risk of workplace accidents and illnesses. The group will look to you to uphold a culture of safety across the organization.
FUNCTIONS/KEY RESULTS EXPECTED:
• Advance a safety-first culture that will drive ownership and accountability of safety, supporting top management with the same
• Responsible for managing regulatory compliance and creating awareness to different stakeholders.
• Leader and role model to all HSSE team members across numerous sites and across all the group companies
• Responsible for technical assurance for safety, operations security assurance and environmental matters
• Develop, implement and maintain HSSE policies and procedures that comply with all applicable laws and industry best practices, ensure these are implemented and standardized across facilities and operations, within acceptable levels of compliance by workforce, contractors and suppliers.
• Collaborate with other departments and teams to ensure HSSE policies and procedures are integrated into all aspects of the organization’s operations.
• Conduct regular safety audits, assessments and risk assessments to identify potential hazards and implement corrective measures.
• Manage relationship with external security services providers on all security-related matters to manage applicable security risks and ensure all requirements are exceeded
• Develop and implement HSSE learning curriculum and delivery education to employees on applicable procedures and best practices.
• Investigate accidents, injuries and incidents to determine the root cause and implement measures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Lead all aspects of incident investigation including identification, verifying root cause and approving the implementation of preventative actions, ongoing monitoring
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of current health and safety programs, monitoring and analyzing HSSE incidents and trends, make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Leads risk assessment and preventative measures across the organizations
• Review the Health and Safety KPI data and develop trend analysis reports including recommendations on appropriate corrective measures based on the review.
• Other duties assigned to you by your supervisor commensurate with your job title.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- A bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, occupational health, or a related field
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent certification is an advantage
- At least 10 years of experience in health and safety management
- Strong understanding of Kenyan laws, industry best practice and international requirements in the LPG and delivery industries
- Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, The Work Injuries Benefits Act and subsidiary legislation.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, comfortable actively engaging with all internal & external stakeholders, knowledge of Kiswahili a distinct advantage.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and influence all levels
- of management, employees and stakeholders
- Willingness to travel to operating sites within the region
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.