JOB TITLE: Hardware LIFECYCLE ENGINEER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the petroleum industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Hardware Lifecycle Engineer.
Reporting to Lead Hardware Engineer, the Hardware Lifecycle Engineer’s overall objective is to Monitor the reliability of our fleet of meters and identify root causes of failures. Recommend solutions to improve reliability.
Our client’s Smart Meters in East Africa including Kenya and Tanzania.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate failures using techniques such as fault tree analysis (FTA), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), hazard analysis, and need for design change
- Analyse data, and provide insights into meter reliability using probability statistics.
- Recommend improvements in meter software and hardware design.
- Investigate technical issues and potential tampering incidents and recommend resolutions.
- Analyse daily meter performance and report issues.
- Maintain our KPIs dashboards for fleet performance and device reliability
- Design and execute reliability experiments in field conditions in Kenya
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Understanding of techniques to improve reliability including predictive modelling, root cause analysis, mean time to failure (MTTF), corrective and preventive action (CAPA)
- Experience with product qualification and failure analysis
- Enthusiasm to continuously improve skills and learn innovative technologies
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data using Excel
- At least 3 Years experience in a similar role
- Diploma/Bachelor in Electromechanical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or any related course.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.