JOB TITLE: FREIGHT FORWARDING CLERK
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Freight Forwarding Clerk to work in Nairobi.
To be a shipper’s agent arranging transport services and preparing documentation and also Act as a transport specialist advising the shipper on the most cost-efficient and best means of transport. To work closely with suppliers and customers to ensure any problems, damages or anomalies are corrected. This will involve recording data appropriate to the task including accounting records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Coordinating freight shipments using computer programs that keep track of details such as weight, volume, and destination location
- Coordinating the shipping of goods by sea, truck, rail, or air, as well as arranging for customs clearance procedures when required
- Maintaining records of incoming and outgoing shipments including dates, contents, and destinations
- Keeping track of route information and verifying that the carrier used is properly licensed.
- Maintaining constant communication with customers, clients, suppliers, and statutory authorities.
- Responsible for inventory control/checking as well as the preparation of documentation such as work orders, shipping orders, and Bills of Lading.
- Understanding the best shipping methods for materials, knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Calculating charges, storage space, and demurrage charges.
- Maintaining constant communication with customers, clients, suppliers, and statutory authorities
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding or equivalent
- Experience in declaration/documentation and online processing
- Experience in customs clearance
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position
- Encouraging team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- Excellent IT skills – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint &Excel (With a typing speed of not less than 35 Words Per Minute)
Deliverables / KPIs (subject to change)
- Objectives will be given in terms of Net Revenue and/or volume growth development.
- In addition, there will be activity targets (i.e., Customer visits, Quotations etc.) to ensure face-to-face contact and business activities in a continual and consistent fashion.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.