JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced financial controller to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
The Financial Controller manages entire finance and accounting department. Key accountabilities include:
-timely and accurate preparation of statutory and management information reporting
-implementing, executing and improving financial controls
-Ensuring all taxes are paid accurately and timely
-managing the annual audit process
Functions/Key expected results
- Appropriate business controls are in place and executed in financial, accounting and business processes
- Transactions are recorded in accordance with IFRS
- Statutory reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and filed within the deadlines
- Tax returns are filed and taxes are paid timely
- Tax exposures are identified and proper planning is undertaken
- Annual statutory audit is conducted in an efficient manner and actions and recommendations have been implemented timely
- Insightful management information reports are prepared on regular basis and shared with the leadership
- Annual budget and long term business plan are timely prepared and performance tracked regularly
- Prepare weekly payment plan
- Manage month close and continuously improve the process with the aim of achieving fast close
- Support financial planning team with monthly cash flow forecasts and weekly actuals
- Lead business performance management: set appropriate KPIs, measure performance and challenge/support business leads in achieving their targets
- Risks are adequately identified and managed. Risk register is maintained and regularly discussed with leadership
- Ensure stock information is always up to date and accurate
- Prepare any required reports and Group board meetings
- Continuous improvement of finance and accounting processes
- Coach and develop staff
- Ensure succession plan is in place and all critical positions have deputies
- Ensure all HSSE requirements are complied with in conducting finance and supply chain activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics
- CPA, preferably international qualification
- MBA is an advantage
- 10+ of relevant experience in major Kenya or international companies, preferably FMCG, or rapidly scaled up companies
- Confidently communicating with top management, investors and other stakeholders
- Proven rack record of overall accountability for finance function
- Experience in managing external audits (Tier 1 and Tier 2 audit firms)
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people. Open minded and able to lead the organisation to achieving ambitious targets
- Experience of rapid scale up, setting up systems and processes from scratch is a major advantage
- Proven track record of managing change, continuous improvement
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
Experience in LPG industry or FMCG is an added advantage
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.