JOB TITLE: DevOps platform Engineer
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced DevOps Platform Engineer to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
The successful candidate will support the development, deployment, and operation of our software in AWS (Amazon Web Services) enabling frequent, secure, and reliable release of software to production.
Assist our developers to deliver excellent software by providing the tools, environments, source control, and automated testing and deployment that they need.
- Automate and run the build, test, and deployment of our software in AWS
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment of our platform.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
- Enable continuous development and integration (CI/CD) and support developers to use the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance and provide telemetry for developers.
- Design and build infrastructure that delivers high uptime using High Availability designs and self-healing systems
- Develop operational dashboards and alarms.
- Monitor performance and capacity and introduce solutions to maintain service levels.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and catch and solve issues before release
- Troubleshoot operational incidents
- Ensure security good practice is followed in deployment and operations.
- Assist in establishing DevOps practices
- The DevOps engineer will be working as part of a distributed team with colleagues in Kenya, Tanzania, China, UK, USA and elsewhere.
- CircleTech delivers a 24hour service to customers. The DevOps Engineer may be required to work overnight and weekends to resolve urgent technical incidents or to make changes at a time that causes least disruption to customers.
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- AWS qualifications an advantage.
- Excellent network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as AWS Code deploy
- Some experience in one or more database systems including Dynamo DB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Experience of monitoring tools such as Graphana and Data Dog
- Good understanding of Information Security in web applications.
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Female candidates are specially encouraged to apply
Previous Relevant Work Experience Required.
3 years’ experience with AWS particularly EC2, VPC, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.