JOB TITLE: CONSTRUCTION MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Construction Maintenance Engineer to work in Nairobi and other parts of Kenya.
Job Role Description
Reporting to the supply chain Manager the role shall entail management of all construction projects and maintenance of the facilities within the business. The holder is expected to be contributing to the planning and design of the project, allocate resources to each of the project’s stages, and oversee the engineering processes of our construction project as well as preventive and corrective maintenance of the facilities.
The holder should demonstrate extensive experience as a construction engineer and the ability to provide leadership. He/she will be someone whose expertise in construction engineering results in constructions that are cost-effective and structurally sound, ensuring Health and Safety standards at the facilities are achieved.
Functions/Key expected results
- Managing the planning and design stages of construction projects.
- Contributing technical expertise to project drawings and designs.
- Developing Bill of Quantities and generate engineer’s estimate for financial projections.
- Preparing work schedules in collaboration with the contractors.
- Liaising between contractors and subcontractors.
- Overseeing construction engineering processes and carry out site supervision.
- Performing regular tests on materials and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Ensuring that the construction project is completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure closure of project file with sign-offs including the As-Built drawings
- Documenting processes and keeping detailed construction logs.
- Develop and manage the maintenance schedule ensuring all repairs and maintenance issues for all facilities are addressed on time and in the most cost-efficient manner
- Ensure all facilities are safe for occupation and operations.
- Maintain maintenance costs control reports for the entire network and guide the leadership on key decisions pertaining to facilities management.
- Providing project status updates to senior leadership and other stakeholders
Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, or similar.
- Be a registered Engineer with the Engineering Board of Kenya
- At least 2 years’ experience as a construction engineer in the relevant field of specialization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Advance proficiency in Archicad and Autocad is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Knowledge about health and safety legislation and Quality Standards
- Outstanding organizational abilities and delivery-focused approach and committed drive for results.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and present data.
- Strong sense of urgency/ability to work well under pressure, different priorities and tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.