JOB TITLE: BUSINESS MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Business Manager to work in Nairobi.
Job Role Description
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role holder must exercise a high-level of judgment, work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, draw from experience to perform advanced support and maintain a high level of confidentiality. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the MD to prioritize an agenda and focus on the most important issues and opportunities.
- Strategically manage the MD’s time and calendar by exercising discretion and decision-making while sorting and filtering requests for the Executive’s time while ensuring strategic priorities are met in a timely manner. Keep the MD on schedule by providing prompts.
- Responding to routine questions and requests and refers higher level managerial requests to the Executives and/or directors, as appropriate.
- Perform special projects as directed by the MD, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information.
- Working with the MD to strategize and manage a portfolio of relationships including scheduling of meetings and relationship management tactics such as thank you notes.
- Managing the MD’s portfolio of goals and objectives; eg: videos, blogging, other.
- Work with the MD on meeting planning, preparation and coordination, including logistics, materials, etc. Work with the MD to identify and schedule strategic presentations.
- Assist with Board and Executive Committee meeting preparation, including logistics, materials, etc. Assist with other committee meetings as needed.
- Attend key meetings with the MD with the purpose of ensuring follow-up and execution on identified next steps.
- Oversee, coordinate, assist with such routine administrative duties such as, receiving telephone calls and correspondence (including emails) and flagging them as appropriate; coordinating the MD travel program and itineraries, preparing the MD credit card statements and expense reports, composing non-routine and routine correspondence, preparing and proofreading letters, memos and other documents using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation; compiling and organizing data for special reports, and sending correspondence on behalf of the MD using the MD’s “voice.”
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience providing business and administrative support; including 3-5 years supporting senior level manager(s) or an executive
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment
- Fierce determination to successfully meet complex challenges
- Learning agility: the ability to give up skills, perspectives and ideas that are no longer relevant and acquire new ones
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, empathy, customer service orientation, discretion and proper telephone skills are essential
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.