JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Role Description
Our client who is in the Engineering industry is looking to fill the role of a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for driving the market recognition of the company’s portfolio and help develop strategies to extend our expertise in providing solutions. Your main tasks include the evaluation of relevant opportunities with a focus on the company’s solution portfolio and growth opportunities. You will work with sales & marketing teams, and industry & Government organizations, attend and contribute to events, network with members, you will set up meetings and discussions with stakeholders involved in promising opportunities, and involve other members of the team to then develop details. Furthermore, you will work with the Marketing & Communication organization to develop marketing materials, including presentations, brochures, case studies, webinars, videos, and technical papers. You will embed yourself in the country markets where opportunities are strongest in
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop the business in the District Cooling area, primarily focusing on Sub-Saharan Africa, East, and West Africa, secondarily and in Africa in general.
- In this respect, you would develop the potential opportunity pipeline, which includes mapping existing systems and potential short to mid-term opportunities.
- You would also be responsible for building relationships with Key Accounts in the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Thus, you would be expected to work tightly with front-line sales and support functions in sales, as well as with regional management.
- You would implement a general District Energy strategy, specifically the part connected with District Cooling. This involves conveying the value proposition to the markets, adjusting and tailoring fitting, as well as providing feedback from the value proposition to product management.
- You will be expected to be updated on product improvement modifications and new product opportunities in the defined markets.
- The primary product groups you will develop and assess sales opportunities for the company are control components (motorized control valves, self-acting pressure independent controls, actuators, sensors, and line components e.g., ball valves) and optimization and monitoring SW, and where possible also identify opportunities for the secondary side of district cooling. The secondary product group will be energy transfer stations.
Qualifications and Skills required.
- A Master’s degree in business/sales combined with solid business development and/or sales experience along with great communication and collaboration skills is required.
- Understanding of HVAC systems with an emphasis on District energy
- Understanding of mechanical, electronic, and SW products used in HVAC systems
- Knowledge about products used in District Cooling is an advantage
- Fluency in English, any language spoken in the African region would be an added advantage Classified as Business
- Strategic, neutral and unbiased analysis of the short and medium-term market and industry trends
- Supporting Regional Management Team on selected must-win battles
- Overseeing Public Affairs initiatives focusing on ESG Goals
- Connecting the company’s brand with Government, Trade Councils, World Economic Forum, NGOs, etc.
- Highly organized mindset, high degree of self-motivation, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and time demands effectively
- Strong mindset on how to leverage data analytics based on market analysis to improve
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.