JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL EXECUTIVE
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Financial Executive to work in Nairobi.
The job holder shall analyze data and prepare accurate and timely reports in accordance with acceptable accounting in line with company financial policies and International Financial Reporting Standards. He oversees statutory matters and ensures the health of the balance sheet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the integrity of the annual financial statements by ensuring that they portray a true and fair view, meet legal requirements, comply with relevant Standards and reflect best practices. Support the Finance Controller in both Internal and External Audits. Audit Schedules for E&Y and IA and share supporting documents in agreed timelines
- Timely reconciliation of related parties and circularization. By what date after MIS? Company International, TCS, Uganda, Tanzania 2 days after close of MIS
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliation fully signed off. To be signed off after 5 days after MIS Close
- Debtors Reconciliation, reporting & follow-ups. To coordinate with Kenya AR and share 6 days after MIS close
- Take care of bank facilities, monitor bank and loan balances, and liaison with bank relationship managers. Update Borrowing file with W.C file every Friday Morning to be reviewed by FC by Midday
- Ensure all statutory dues – e.g., PAYE/NSSF/NHIF/HELB are accurately compiled and submitted in time. To be reviewed by 3 days before the submission deadline.
- In charge of KRA Audits. In charge of ensuring the liability closed and there is little or no risk to the shareholders
- Assist the Financial Controller to ensure Emerge BU MIS Reports, Consolidated MIS P& L and CE and quarterly IFRS pack portray the true picture of the business. Specify the exact tasks for MIS. By assisting in the review of the borrowings, Interest and the whole balance sheet within set Close calendar days
- Assisting BU heads and Financial Controller in developing, implementing, and monitoring the Annual budget plan (ABP). Borrowings, Interest, legal and formulation of the balance sheet
- Manage and comply with local and technical accounting reporting and ensure company tax compliance and all taxes, levies and levies are properly accounted for, recorded, and submitted to the relevant authorities within deadlines. What specifically/ timelines? Installment tax by 20th September every year, KEBS yearly.
- Ensure Treasury transactions are 100% accurate in amount and payee details then processed within 24 hours
- Prepare accurate monthly banks reconciliations by Kinjal SSC, present to FC, and M-pesa reconciliation. 7 days after the MIS
- Daily monitoring of cash and bank balances and ensuring accuracy and completeness of reports. What is a measure of completeness/ accuracy? Can we see cash and borrowings weekly reports? A Weekly Cash report to be shared every Monday
- Review and check petty cash disbursement and reimbursement. Perform weekly petty cash count and validation. Submit to FC for review and signoff by when? Every Friday
- Working Capital every Friday morning to be reviewed with FC by Midday
- Assist financial controller to safeguard the fixed assets and inventory against misuse and fraud through inspection, regular stocks take counts, and ensure all assets are properly maintained and insured against probable risks. Quarterly FAR Physical verification? Stock take is done quarterly; Physical verification done every year
- Any other duty assigned by the Financial Controller
- Old JD tasks/ timelines?
- Open item allocation before the end month closure
- Sales and purchases mapping back-to-back As per MIS close calendar
- COGS VS Sales = Margins per chassis + accruals of missing COGS/ reconciliation & reversal on booking actual vs Logistics working with Jacinta per MIS close calendar
- Filling system cleanup for old documents currently dumped in various rooms within the building / Timelines? By Mid Feb 2022
- Setting up documentation databases as required by group finance for group audits/ timelines by End of Jan’22
- Physical documentation depositary system as required by group finance/meeting statutory compliance for maintaining key docs for over 10 years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.