JOB TITLE: PUBLIC AFFAIRS MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced Public Affairs Manager to work in Nairobi.
The Public Affairs Manager will be charged with developing strategic relationships with key external stakeholders, including Government and Regulators, and advocating for positions that are favorable to the Company, supporting sustainability initiatives and communications. Reporting to the Head of Legal and Regulatory with a dotted line into the Director Public Affairs, EMEA, the Public Affairs Manager will support in development of strategic plans and execute strategies on behalf of the Company.
Job Role Description
- Support in development of a Public Affairs and Communications strategy for the Company aimed at broadening the Company’s ability to influence topical issues in the telecommunications industry.
- Establish, manage, and maintain positive relationships between the Company, Regulators, National Government, County Government, and other stakeholders that will assist the Company achieve its commercial objectives.
- Engage with the regulators, government and other stakeholders in developing industry policy, legislation, guidelines, and codes of practice.
- Advise the Company on regulatory changes in the telecommunications industry, including anticipating such regulatory changes and formulating a strategic response to the same.
- Recommend best practice methods for regulatory interventions and public policy matters and actively lobby the various stakeholders on the proposed opinion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other industry players including chambers and associations and establish strategic relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders.
- Create an advocacy agenda that enhances the Company’s brand with external stakeholders.
- Working with the Head of Legal and Director Public Affairs EMEA to respond or issue statements to the media on behalf of the Company.
- Consult and co-ordinate with Sales teams to determine regulations impacting any current or new service offerings.
- Contribute to build a corporate message positioning with external stakeholders.
- Consult and coordinate with outside regulatory advisors, and consulting companies where applicable.
- Working with the Head of Legal to respond to inquiries, requests, and actions by regulators when appropriate.
- Implementation of the regional Public Affairs strategic objectives.
- Assist in creating a comprehensive stakeholder mapping by working with the different departments in the Company to identify key contacts and ensuring that such information is updated regularly.
- Enhancement of organizational capacity through facilitating training on public affairs issues and development of department legal newsletter.
- Managing the company’s Kenya’s internal and external communication media plan including social media analytics and engagement.
- Develop creative methods and strategies to increase internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the organization including the special events, local and global events, and other topics of interest.
- Develop strategic communication campaigns targeted at employees and external stakeholders in various company’s Kenya platforms.
- Develop and implement relevant digital PR and communication analytics tools that will maximize performance of messaging and engagement strategies online.
- Track and report on Public Affairs initiatives and their contribution to the strategic business objectives of the company.
- Must have Undergraduate Degree in Law/Communications/Public Policy or related field.
- Experience in community engagement and regulatory processes.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant Public Affairs /Public Policy/Sustainability/Communications experience.
- Previous experience working with County Governments and Regulatory Agencies
- Excellent understanding of the mobile mast market, key customers, and suppliers in Kenya.
- Knowledge of Public Affairs Matters, Communications, Sustainability, Local Laws, and Policies.
- Experience of legislative and regulatory processes.
- In-house or consultancy experience undertaking public affairs or public policy work in service of commercial objectives.
- Good Public Relations skills (e.g. Ability to formulate and effectively articulate recommendations to business partners.
- Ability to manage substantial workload in fast-paced environment.
- Confident, articulate, organized and resilient.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to effectively resolve complex issues
- Approximately 55% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 45% travel within Kenya may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 12 kilos.
- We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the Public Affairs Manager may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The Public Affairs Manager must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.