JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the retail industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Maintenance Manager to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for preventive, corrective, and modification activities of the assigned store. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring the store assets are fully functional and maintained regularly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, schedule, and report all maintenance activities in coordination with the store and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operation
- Plan store assets periodical inspection in line with annual maintenance plans and agreement terms
- Prepare maintenance operating expenses to the management in coordination with the Finance team
- Liaises with vendors/suppliers regarding any maintenance activities to ensure that the work is delivered as per the requirements and the agreed timeline
- Report any issues related to contractor’s performance for timely resolution and continuous improvements
- Manage the stock of maintenance consumables and critical spare parts to ensure its availability at all times
- Respond to incidents promptly and take appropriate initiatives in case of emergencies when needed
- Ensure that all documents related to maintenance and equipment activities are documented and updated as per internal guidelines
- Review, analyze and submit reports to management and recommend areas for improvement when required
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback, and providing inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship to develop a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience in the area of facility management and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong initiative drive and sound organizational skills
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good project management skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.