About This Job: Procurement Assistant
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, who is in the hospitality sector, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Procurement Assistant to work in Nairobi
Job Role Description
The procurement assistant’s mission is to source the raw materials and equipment the company needs at the best price and best payment terms while respecting the required quality standards and the company’s timelines. The tasks will include identifying potential suppliers, requesting quotes from suppliers, analyzing quotes, submitting a report to management, negotiating with suppliers, and reviewing and approving purchase orders to verify conformity with approved standards.
Roles and responsibilities
- All standard operating procedures (SOP) are respected diligently.
- Suppliers are identified in a timely manner and with the aim of obtaining the best value for money.
- Raw materials/ingredients/equipment are purchased at the best price possible because prices are well negotiated and because the procurement assistant is fully aware of market prices. Payment terms are well negotiated and are favorable to the company
- Purchase orders are prepared in an efficient and speedy manner to obtain goods on time or ahead of time to avoid any stock-outs
- Purchase orders are approved on time after careful verification
- The approved supplier list is always up to date. Market watch is ongoing to identify and test new potential suppliers with better prices and/or better products
- Reports on procurement are professional and submitted on time to management
- Professionally written emails and letters
- Phone communication is accurate and polite. All errors and missing items are communicated in full and quickly.
- If a deadline is not met, communication is done immediately.
- If there is an obstacle, the issue is shared immediately
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a busy environment
- Experience in the food and bakery industry with relevant exposure to the food raw materials market
- University degree in Supply Chain Management and/procurement or Business Administration or related field. English fluency is necessary
- Highly professional communication skills (written and oral)
- Good level of proficiency in Excel (mastering formulas and features including sorting, sum and other operations, VLOOKUP, and pivot tables)
Skills and competences
- Ability to navigate and utilize sophisticated online procurement, inventory management, and production management software
- Experience working with Excel & Word
- Technical General computer knowledge
- Ability to organize and plan Others. Understands the food industry / the food raw materials market
- Knows how to file and archive documents
- A collaborator
- An honest person with high integrity
- Resourcefulness/ initiative
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.