JOB TITLE: PRIVATE LABEL MANAGER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Private Label Manager to work in Nairobi.
Reporting to GM-Marketing & Sourcing, the Manager-Private Label is responsible and accountable for the Private Label range and performance across Territories within their Department/Group of categories. The role holder is also responsible for the adaptation of the Company/Department and Section strategy to their designated categories. The role holder is expected to propose a range of Private Label products to be developed, set marketing and communication strategy both offline and online, optimize and track all financial KPIs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Private Label Product Development
- Stay abreast of market trends and innovation to elaborate action plans, maintain Private Label brand’s strategy and develop Private Labels range responding to Customer Demand
- Ensure Private Label items meet local sales targets and profit goals
- Ensure the proper integration of the Private Label items within the International Merchandising function strategy
- Prioritize development plan in coordination with Private Label Quality Team, Sourcing team and Sales Development team across territories to maximise resources and sales potential
Launch and After Launch follow up
- Follow up on the manufacturing and launch of new Private Label products in the stores
- Ensure commercial strategy is implemented offline and online; KPIs are tracked and corrective action plans are set when necessary
- Ensure proper communication on the product launch and ensure the range is available on all platforms (Internal & External-Online & Offline), ideally through innovation / thinking out of the box
Coordination with Internal Stakeholders across territories
- Coordinate and align with all stakeholders internally Private Label development plans, strategies, action plans within their Department/Group of categories
- Support Sourcing teams with their category strategy definitions
- Ensure the marketing of Private Label items in coordination with Marketing and Sales Development
- Provide support to improve logistic flows, marketing and product display
Policies and Procedures
- Oversee the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure procedure for record keeping to support the organization’s goals is in place and applied
- Ensure Private Label items are complying with policies related to our client’s Retail, Private Label and regulation
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of our client’s Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role with a product development background being mandatory (Private Label or Non Private Label)
- Retail background (retailer or supplier side)
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong negotiation and networking skills
- Strong business communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel Suite
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.