The role is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery of service within the assigned supermarket, as well as driving the supermarket’s operations to ensure maximum sales, maximum profitability, optimum stock management, increase in customer satisfaction and continued business growth. The role holder is also responsible for overseeing and implementing action plans for improvement.
- Ensure implementation of MAF Retail’s supermarket plans in line with the supermarket strategies and procedures in collaboration with the Head Office and Corporate Office
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analysis to measure and evaluate commercial performance, and provide recommendations to increase profitability and sales turnover
- Maximize sales and profitability by controlling costs within the budgetary guidelines
- Identify internal and external opportunities for the supermarket to enhance and optimize commercial performance
- Initiate and ensure application of comparative studies between departments that can contribute to the efficiency of the commercial performance
- Guarantee the application of the commercial policy agreed for the supermarket and ensure a coherent price structure according to the strategy
- Review and analyse stock and sales reports and implement corrective action to be taken if necessary
- Collaborate regularly with the Merchandising teams to ensure attractive and convenient aisle display for customer
- Coordinate regularly with Department Heads to ensure effective stock management (stock value, out of stock, orders and timely merchandise deliveries)
- Audit merchandise plans/layouts and ensure effective implementation as per the required guidelines
- Implement strategy to ensure lowest waste and shrinkage ratio
- Oversee the enhancement of hygiene standards and the supermarkets safety and security
- Supervise the ongoing service and maintenance of the supermarket’s assets
- Lead and guide the team to drive and enhance customer service, and facilitate customers’ requirements as per the required standards
- Lead the services functions to ensure that the supermarket receives appropriate and efficient support services to run the day-to-day operations
- Ensure that the supermarket is in compliance with the operating and customer service standards
- Ensure that the supermarket is in compliance with the MAF Retail’s health, safety and hygiene standards
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
- Ensure alignment of procedures in accordance with the Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- Assist in monitoring allocated budget to ensure compliance and highlight possible issues
- Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary
- Provide inputs on cost reduction measures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration ,Master’s Degree in in Business Administration is preferred
- Minimum 8+ years relevant experience in a similar role, 5+ years in a Retail Business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong people and negotiation skills – capable to easily build relationships across all levels
- Leadership skills
- Strong and pragmatic problem solving coupled with analytical capabilities
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.