The Category Sourcing Manager is responsible for coordinating with buyers as well as supporting purchases for our client. The role holder is also responsible for assisting with selection and examining products that get to store shelves, in catalogues, and online.
- Implement effective strategies for sourcing goods and maintaining desired stock levels
- Research and review new products to meet company’s goals
- Prepare and review purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Research and suggest new suppliers with long-term cost savings or quality improvement
- Implement methods to reduce shortages and overstocking through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Engage in souring the best quality products for competitive prices aligned with the organizations objectives
- Manage the issuances of tenders and RFQs to the market in coordination with the relevant business users within our client’s Retail
- Implement negotiation strategies to secure profitable deals
- Stay abreast of shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Develop a cost scenario analysis, and benchmarking for the sourcing function when required
- Identify profitable suppliers and initiate partnerships
- Cultivate relationships with existing and future suppliers
- Develop and provide inputs on the risk evaluation of existing and future supply contracts
- Identify trustworthy vendors and suppliers to develop future partnerships with
- Utilize network to expand supplier base and attend trade shows to identify new product trends and potential suppliers
- Develop reports on key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Follow all required policies and procedures related to quality assurance of sourced items
- Ensure regular supplier audits are implemented
- Oversee communication with suppliers on quality related issues and propose areas for improvement to ensure best quality products
- Report any action that might interfere with the proper functioning of the company
- Communicate with Sales Development frequently to better understand the needs of our client’s Retail
- Develop database of key trends in consumer retail
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the sourcing function
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- Strong analytical and technical skills in financial analysis and reporting
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- 2+ years in retail
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Strong people management skills
- Strong business communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit form.myjotform.com.