JOB TITLE: STEEL FIXER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Steel fixer to work in Nairobi.
We are looking for an enterprising steel fixer to join our construction team. The responsibilities of the steel fixer include following engineering plans, using hand and power tools, cutting and bending steel bars and mesh, and connecting rebar with wire, clips, or welds to build-up sections.
To be a successful steel fixer, you should be able to read and interpret engineering plans and work according to those plans. Ultimately, a top-notch steel fixer should be physically fit and comfortable working outdoors in all-weather types and at various heights
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting out the work area, following engineering plans.
- Using hand and power tools to cut and bend bars or mesh.
- Tying steel reinforcement bars (rebars) to build cages.
- Fitting spacers and chairs (supports)
- Using rebar to build special casts to keep setting concrete in place.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A completed apprenticeship in steel fixing.
- A completed “Work Safely at Heights” short course.
- An NVQ certification in steel fixing may be advantageous.
- Basic work experience in construction may be advantageous.
- A good understanding of health and safety issues.
- The ability to read and follow technical plans and drawings.
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- A head for heights.
- Good physical fitness.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.