JOB TITLE: MECHANIC
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the Construction Industry, we are looking for competent, skilled, and experienced MECHANIC work in Nairobi.
Maintenance of all factory mechanical machines, equipment, and other installations through preventive maintenance programs according to laid down schedules, specifications and following established procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process, plan, implement and control, review and adjust a production schedule for the job
- Preventive maintenance of machines as per laid down instructions and procedures to ensure a smooth running
- Troubleshooting mechanical equipment and machine failures by inspection and testing and prescribing corrective action and reinstating it back to its working condition.
- Initiating purchase requisition for machine spare parts for maintenance
Coordinating maintenance team for proper work performance
- Logging details of work performed on data records to enable further action, planning for next service, and storage as history.
- Inspection of machines operations and recording of data such as pressures, temperatures, etc. to ascertain smooth operation or service requirements.
- Oiling and greasing of machines to ensure the smooth running of rotating parts.
Perform any other assigned duties by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1.BSc Mechanical Engineering plant option or (Diploma in Technology) Or Mechanical Engineering Technician
2. At least 3 years experience in maintenance of mechanical machinery in a busy factory environment.
3. Computer literacy and ability to write and interpret technical reports.
4. Knowledge in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of Mechanical systems and installations in a factory.
5. Experience in working with hydraulics, pneumatics, and also welding skills is an advantage.
6. Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
7. Personal development program/exposure of at least one year on the same role will be an added advantage
8. Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
11. Ability to maintain confidential information.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.