JOB TITLE: DRIVER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Driver to work in Nairobi.
The Driver will be responsible for driving the company vehicles to authorized destinations. Ensure proper repairs and maintenance are carried out, cleanliness of assigned vehicles, record and maintain mileage logs and movement documents as per organizations policies, oversee safety and security for vehicles assigned to him/her at all locations during travel and give feedback on all necessary repairs and assist the VMU supervisor in diagnosing and testing vehicles
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply and observe the Kenyan Highway Code and organizations policies among other Kenyan Traffic Rules and regulations while driving at all times.
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules as per vehicle manufacturer recommendations and best practice.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements. Fueling, pre-travel checks, travel docs, vehicle expenses, cross-border docs and any other docs and persons traveling for packing instructions and timings.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets and Timely submissions to avoid loss or defacing.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances and promptly advice the VMU Supervisor when renewals are due
- Carry out duties of staff transport when assigned and ensure the highest quality of service, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions or otherwise to the office and VMU Supervisor as the situation arises.
- Take delivery of sub-contracted works carried out on organizations vehicles, inspecting and certifying conformity with requirements and expectations and advising the VMU Supervisor accordingly.
- Being accountable for all spares, accessories etc. fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or in the field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- O’ Level Education
- Valid accident-free driving license Class A, B, C, E with a minimum of Five years long distance and off-road driving experience
- 3 years’ experience working as a driver in a busy organization.
- Must be computer proficient especially in MS Word, Ms. excel, Internet usage etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.