JOB TITLE: CARPENTER
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced carpenter to work in Nairobi.
The carpenter is responsible for carrying out activities relating to building works involving movable/non-movable furniture repairs, ironmongery and related accessories repair/replacement, minor woodwork fabrications, polishing/varnishing, window/door glazing, tiling of walls, floors, ceiling, carpentry materials requirement and specifications, carpentry assets management including maintenance, technical inspection, acceptance testing/handover, third-party service supervision, contract monitoring, new capital assets pre-purchase technical appraisal and annual assets replacement/upgrade plan, including maintenance schedules planning and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building foundations, installing floor beams, laying sub-flooring and installing walls and roofing systems
- Fitting and installing trim, doors, stairs, molding and hardware
- Measuring, cutting and joining materials made of wood or wood substitutes
- Repairing and renovating wooden structures
- Preparing cost estimates for clients
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and sketches
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Government trade test in Carpentry or equivalent
- Minimum Form 4 certificate
- Basic knowledge of other civil trades thorough knowledge on technical specifications of wood, adhesives, glass, ironmongery, and related materials’ safe application and storage,
- Basic knowledge with function and maintenance of other civil trades (Masonry, Panting & decoration)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity and reliability
- Very good organizational and analytical skills. Ability to overcome performance barriers. Willingness to learn & teach
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision has initiative and is proactive Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously Good grooming and self-presentation
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.