JOB TITLE: BANKSMAN
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client in the construction industry, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Banksman to work in Nairobi.
The Banksman is responsible for providing support and relaying directions to the Crane Operators in the yard
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attaching and detaching load to be moved
- Direct the crane operators on load to be lifted
- Ensuring load is safely secured (slung) before it is lifted
- Ensuring no overhead infringements during lifting
- Relaying directions to the crane operator for the movement of the load to its landing location
- Guiding the crane operator on crane movements during reversing and tight maneuvers
- Guiding the crane operator to the correct location
- Directing movement of trucks within the yard to loading and offloading locations.
- Opening twist locks on arriving container wagons
- Closing twist locks on container wagons loaded in the yard.
- Recording details of commercial activities involving the crane e.g. container shifting, transshipments.
- Any other relevant duties as may be allocated from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate in construction management or related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum Form 4 certificate
- At least 3 year’s work experience in working in the construction industry
- Technical know-how on construction machines
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.