JOB TITLE: MANUFACTURING LEAD-RWANDA
Who we are:
As BioNTech, We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases, and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted toward the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
As Process lead, you are responsible for disciplinary and line supervision of the shift groups for commercial mRNA vaccine production in Rwanda, with the objective of ensuring a reliable production process. You are also the point of contact for subject matter issues for our production teams and a central interface to other departments.
- Close collaboration with global manufacturing and BIC to ensure that work packages are defined acc. To the global standard and GMP-compliant
- Definition of work packages for the different areas of responsibility in line with GMP guidelines
- Support hiring process of local manufacturing team.
- Leads, motivates and develops assigned direct reports in accordance with company leadership principles (such as conducting job interviews and subject matter decisions for new hires)
- Independently defines and implements the objectives and work packages defined for the assigned area of responsibility, while observing governing GMP guidelines.
- Operationally implements the production plan (coordinates the shop floor workflow, for example with planners, QA, Engineering, SCM, and Logistics, prioritizes, assigns production equipment)
- Point of contact in conjunction with QA, investigations, improvement projects, and for implementing process changes and preventative discrepancies in accordance with the regulatory environment. Creates a work environment that ensures compliance with GMP guidelines and occupational safety.as well as local safety ensuring the legal work environment is followed and fully established.
- Completed vocational training as master craftsman or comparable professional experience
- 10+ years of supervisory experience in commercial production of pharmaceutical active ingredients
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- High degree of conscientiousness, assertiveness, and diligence (documentation, order and cleanliness at the workstation)
- Sense of ownership and honesty (proactive handling of errors)
- Constructive, solution-oriented work habits, flexibility
- Subject matter know-how for active ingredient cleaning and operating single use systems
- SAP skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.