JOB TITLE: HEAD OF PLANT ENGINEERING-RWANDA
Who we are:
As BioNTech, We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases, and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted toward the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network
Job Role Description
We are looking for an organized and experienced Head of Plant Engineering to work along with the growth of BioNTechs global footprint, we are staffing a new site engineering team. The site engineering is in charge to host and execute the local repair, maintenance, calibration, qualification and automation.
The site engineering team ensures equipment availability in GMP compliant manner. The mRNA manufacturing suites and its periphery are automated (PCS 7 SIEMENS for Process, BMS, EMS, MES) and host standard biotech unit operations (AHUs, Bioreactors, TFF, Filtration skids, etc. pp.)
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible to lead a team of engineers / technicians to execute repair & maintenance (mechanic, electrical, mechatronic)
- Troubleshooting of any technical issues in the manufacturing area for mRNA vaccine manufacturing
- Shutdown management
- Ensure mechanical & electrical equipment availability according to cGMP and safety guidelines
- Build and grow the technical team on site
Qualifications and Skills required.
- Completed academic degree (Dipl.-Ing. TU/ FH, B.Sc. /M Sc.) with major in process engineering, mechanical engineering, or biotechnology
- At least 3-5 years of engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- English fluent spoken and written
- German & French highly appreciated
- High degree of process know-how for basic technical process operations
- Extensive technical knowledge and professional experience required
- Very good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work without supervision and to demonstrate job ownership
- Pronounced team and communication skills
- Analytical and concept-based thinking and acting
- GMP-related experience is a must
- Strong industry network to equipment vendors etc.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.